The History of Kilaga Springs
The Kilaga Springs name has ties to Lincoln's rich and colorful past. During the early 1900s, three California businessmen – E.M. Kimberlin, Judge J.B. Landis, and E.C. Gaylord – combined the first two letters of their surnames to form the name for the springs flowing from Whiskey Diggings Mine. According to Indian legend, the waters had magical healing properties. The three businessmen built a spa resort on a site near the mine, and sold the medicinal spring water to the public. Although the facility was destroyed by fire in 1924, the Kilaga Company continued bottling and distributing the water for several years. We are proud to continue the tradition of offering healing products and services that bring comfort and wellness to the residents of beautiful Lincoln, California.